Forest Economics Contributions Summit
Strategies for Development, Communication & Education on the Sector's Role in the Southern Region
March 10-11, 2020 | New Orleans, LA
Who should come to this meeting?
Public and private decision makers advocating for forestry including interested individuals from:
- Forestry agency personnel (state and federal)
- State economic development agencies
- Forestry associations and other forestry advocates
- Private sector including forest industry and more
Email: Leslie Boby, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect forestry economic contribution analysts, economic development specialists, & advocates to learn from each other. Improve the understanding, usage & communication of forestry economic contribution data to promote forestry & the forest products industry.
Learn more about
- the current economic contributions of the forestry sector within your state & the financial contribution of each forestry-related business sector
- maximizing the meaning of the economic contributions & communicating broader impacts
- a new standardized protocol for analyzing forestry economic contribution data
- forest economic development & work being completed in other states
- creating effective and personalized messages about forestry economic impact
Interactive Meeting Format
Summit will include a mix of presentations from plenary talks to ‘lightning’ presentations discussion time at tables and small group discussions. Agenda is in development and ideas for topics to cover and/or speakers are welcome!